Friday, March 21, 2008

What Is Blogworthy?



So my son-in-law emails me today advising me that I haven't updated my blog in three days. This, by the way, is the same son-in-law who I stated in a previous blog was my favorite son-in-law. At that time, he advised me that he would be my one and only son-in-law since I only have one daughter and that is why he's my favorite. In our family, we like to refer to him as "Karaoke Bry" as he is seen here at one of his favorite spots singing away. And lest my daughter complain that she doesn't like the picture of Bryan singing karaoke, I've added yet another better one for her. In all actuality, it's very hard to find a picture of Bryan without a) Liz in it or b) a beer in his hand. Here is the actual email I received.

What is going on? I believe this is the 3rd day in a row without a blog update????? For those of us that have to work on Good Friday it would be a perfect time to read a little Terra Firma. You're leaving your biggest fans out in the cold. Real nice.

I reply that I really didn't have much to say and that's why I haven't written anything in three days. Another email comes and it says, "When is Michael coming home?" I reply, "At 7:40PM". Another email from FSIL, "Well, isn't that blogworthy?"

Which brings me right back to the question....What Is Blogworthy? If said son-in-law thinks that the time of the arrival of my son is worthy of a blog, so be it. Here it is Bryan.

My son Michael is arriving in Philadelphia on Southwest Flight #607 which leaves Chicago's Midway Airport at 4:25PM and gets into Philadelphia International Airport at 7:40PM. His father, your father-in-law, better known to you as Mr. Martin, will be picking him up. His mother, better known to you as Mrs. Martin, will be home making his favorite dinner (chicken cutlets and chicken rice) so that the king has something to eat as soon as he gets here. His favorite dog, Belle, will be awaiting his arrival because he's the only one who takes her on nice long walks.

Later on this evening, I will make him one of his favorite banana shakes. He will probably take this up to his bedroom where he will either be playing poker, playing FIFA, playing guitar hero or just relaxing. Everything in the world will be fine because Michael has finally gotten home for Easter.

How's that Bryan? Do you really think it was blogworthy?

THIS JUST IN...NEW EMAIL RECEIVED.

"Laughing like crazy and trying to post a comment but I forgot my login information. Loved it."

So I guess it was blogworthy if it made his day!!!!!

3 comments:

Bryan said...

Loved it!

I just hope Michael doesn't miss his flight... then you'll really see blogworthy!!!

See you tomorrow.

Bryan said...

For Easter Saturday!!!

Anonymous said...

"My son Michael arriving in Philadelphia". Pleeease........let's give Bob some credit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your FF