Saturday, March 1, 2008

20 Days In and Counting......


Well, I'm halfway there and all of the chocolate in the house, when I started this, is still in exactly the same condition as it was.....untouched and uneaten. And wow, this is hard. It's not just giving up chocolate candy; it's giving up anything that has chocolate in it which includes any kind of cookies and cake and ice cream as well.


On a positive note, I guess I really do eat a lot of chocolate because I've lost at least five pounds since the beginning of Lent. I also found out that I drink more soda when I eat more candy because I don't think I've had more than one can of Diet Coke a day in the past three weeks. So obviously the candy make me thirsty or else Coke and Candy just go together. So now I've killed two birds with one stone and, by doing so, got healthier at the same time. Go Lent!!!!!


It's amazing to me how a Catholic upbringing can stay with you your entire life. Even if I'm tempted to have a piece of chocolate, I just won't. There's no two ways about it -- I just can't do it. It's funny how easily some addictions can be controlled. Yet, as soon as Easter comes, I'm sure I'll be delighted to be back on Coke and Candy once again. What a vicious cycle.


So with three weeks left to go I've found out that it's obviously mind over matter when it comes to giving up something or else it's the fear of the wrath of God if you're a Catholic. Whatever the case, I'm almost there.

3 comments:

JoAnn said...

As I retired Catholic, I no longer fear any wrath of any god. And those damn nuns scared me more than anything!

Do you allow yourself to eat chocolate on Sundays?

TheReader23 said...

No I don't.

Nat said...

Nancy,

Great job on the chocolate so far. :)

Also, I really enjoy reading this blog, I've been following it since Michael told me about it a few weeks ago. Keep up the good work.

-Nat