Monday, March 17, 2008

HAPPY ST. PATRICIA'S DAY

While the rest of the world is celebrating St. Patrick's Day, I'm celebrating the birthday of the other saint born on this very same day and that would be St. Patricia, aka my BFF Pat. Born Patricia Bambino, her parents decided to honor that great saint by naming their daughter after him. It just makes it so easy each year to remember her birthday as it falls on such a momentous occasion.

Last year, we celebrated by playing in a ladies' poker tournament at Foxwoods. This year, we played in the Caesars WSOP ladies' event instead. She's so lucky that all of these poker tournaments seem to fall on or around her birthday.

Speaking of luck, it was not by chance that she was born on St. Patrick's Day. It definitely was meant to be as she is clearly the luckiest person I have ever met. Since we also work together, we attend many business functions where drawings are held and prizes are won. Sometimes I tell them not even to bother picking out a name and to just give the prize to Pat as we all know she's going to win anyway....and she usually does.

But, the truth of the matter is that I'm really the lucky one because I get to be her BFF as well. The space in this blog is not large enough for me to relate all the fun we have whenever we're together. We have been friends for over twenty years and, like good wine, it just gets better and better.

So in a fictional world of lepruchauns, shamrocks and good luck, I found my pot of gold at the end of my friendship rainbow when I came upon my very own saint, someone who is loved by all, especially moi.

And to my other BFF's out there, your time will come in my blog. It's not your birthday, is it???

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excuse me.........Pat, you know you are my FF....Poor Nancy, in the dark again. Are we going to the movies this week. Oh, Nancy, you too!!

Anonymous said...

I am truly hurt. Why didn't you begin your blog in January so you could extol all my virtues!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am truly hurt. Why didn't you begin your blog in January so you could extol all my virtues!!!!!!

TheReader23 said...

January is only 10 months away. Just think of how great it will be if I have 10 whole months to think about what I'll write!!

TheReader23 said...

Linda --

You must sign your name to these comments so everyone will know who you are. And, very funny with your first comment here. lol