Saturday, March 22, 2008

Pre-Easter Dinner


This weekend, we opted for the pre-Easter celebration at one of my favorite restaurants, P.F.Changs. This is actually a new restaurant to this area having only opened within the past year. Prior to ever eating here, I had heard so many great things about it and was actually happy that I wasn't let down as I usually am after something is built up so much by others.

In attendance was my daughter and favorite son-in-law, Liz and Bryan, my son Michael, husband Bob and moi. Usually the wait is in excess of one hour but today we decided to go at 5PM which really worked to our advantage as the wait was only 20 minutes. I guess we picked the right night to go because, even when we were leaving, there wasn't a wait. Needless to say, a lot of people obviously don't go out to dinner the night before Easter. Guess they were all home waiting for the Easter Bunny to arrive.

I don't think I've ever eaten anything at this restaurant that wasn't terrific. Tonight, for the first time, I tried lettuce wraps courtesy of favorite son and it's definitely something I would order again. Unfortunately for me, I was so full by the time the dessert menu was presented that I couldn't partake although my daughter had ordered some fabulous banana concoction that I wished I had room for.

Tomorrow is Easter and thus the end of my chocolate Lenten abstinence. It's been a long forty days and I'm not sure I'll do this again next year. I'm thinking that next year I might just give up soda....it might just be easier than the chocolate.

2 comments:

JoAnn said...

Did you wonder why I have not commented for DAYS? My hard drive died and I had no record of your blog address. I should have e-mailed you, but I have not been thinking clearly because I also have had an agonizing toothache.

I love "Dancing with the Stars" BECAUSE these people are such hard workers. Even if they were non-stars at the beginning of its season, to me they are all stars by the end, just by virtue of their work ethic and the lack of backstabbing, which is so disgusting to me on every other reality show.

I am glad that Michael is safely home, that you are amusing Bryan, that you enjoyed your pre-Easter dinner at PF Chang's that Belle is happy, and that you can now eat CHOCOLATE. Laura likes that restaurant too. Being a non-Chinese food eater, I have never been there. Is it un-American to dislike Chinese food? LOL LOL

Charmer loves the Easter bunny and thinks he tastes a lot like chicken.

The entire meaning of Easter to me is.....chocolate. Forget all that Catholic school stuff, which I never bought into anyway. Now, for sure, I will go to hell. OOPS, I forgot...I do not believe in hell!

TheReader23 said...

Where would I be without your comments...obviously "commentless".As much as I shamelessly beg people to comment, they just don't.

And, you're right, I was wondering where you were but now that I see all the hits from Baltimore on my counter, I realize you're at your daughter's house. And don't get me wrong about Dancing with the Stars,I too love the show and appreciate all the work they do in order to participate.

And, I do believe it's un-American not to like Chinese food.

Hope your tooth starts to feel better. I don't think there's anything worse than toothache pain.