Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Bachelor -- Again!!!!!

Here we go again. The 12th season of The Bachelor and I'm still watching. This time, they had to go to England to find the latest bachelor, Matt Grant, 6'5", charming and very good looking.

As usual, the casting is very similar to past seasons. They have the resident drunken tramp, who this season stuffed her thong into his pocket on the first night. This is usually enough to get him to give her a rose but our English bachelor might just have some class. Bye bye to the slutty girl.

When the twenty-five girls first emerge from their respective limos, I enjoy making a list of the fifteen girls I think will be given a rose on the first night while ten are sent packing. This season, I went 12 for 15, only getting three wrong. That's not too bad. But, you must realize that I am the mother of a bachelor and usually have a good eye for the kind of girls a single guy might like, or should I say the kind of girls a mother of a single guy might want him to like.

I think I'll need one or two more episodes before I pick the winner. But are they ever really winners? After a month or so, they usually break up and the so-called "winner" is left crying. According to all of the online reality sites, however, this bachelor did, in fact, find true love in America. Haven't we heard that before?

So I'll hang around until that final rose ceremony even though I realize now that it's probably all a sham. But at least this time it's an English sham!

No comments: