Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Leaving On A Jet Plane

By the time most of you read this, we'll have already landed in Cancun, Mexico and traveled south to our destination of Riviera Maya. I'd like to say that someone took this picture of our plane while it was in the air but we all now that's not a possibility. But just picture me in the window seat right in front of the wing. A few people have asked me where Riviera Maya is so here's a little map for your viewing pleasure.

So my quest to lose 10 pounds before we left is over and, as expected, I wasn't successful. But I did lose 7 lbs. so I really can't complain. These last few days were very tough making it harder and harder to do my walking. By Sunday, after having walked six days in a row, I was exhausted so I had to take a rest. I figured if God rested on the seventh day, so could I. Then it rained on Monday so I couldn't go again. But I picked it back up again on Tuesday but had too much to do on Wednesday to get ready to leave that I never made it that day either. But I'm happy with my progress and I leave knowing I tried. Hopefully, I'll get to walk on the beach when we get there, which is much better than walking around my neighborhood.

When we get to the airport tomorrow, I know one thing is for sure.....I'm going to have the best luggage tag of everyone. This was a gift given to me by my BCFF, JoAnn. Just in case you don't know who JoAnn is, she's the one who always leaves comments on my blog....something I wish all of you would do. That's one of the most fun things about having a blog -- reading your friends' comments (or your son-in-law's). To show my appreciation for this great gift, I took a picture of it before Bob brought the suitcase out to the car. Thanks again JoAnn. Now I'll feel like Belle is with me no matter where I go.

Speaking of Belle -- right now she is not a happy dog. As soon as the suitcases come up from the basement, she gets depressed. It's so sad to see her like this. I've heard this from other people that dogs know when you're leaving and she absolutely knows we won't be around for the next few days. Fortunately, Michael is on his way home from Amsterdam so he will be here with her.

So I leave you all for the next four days. I promise to take some great pictures while I'm there and will share them with you upon my return. Hasta entonces, N. Maria is having fun in the sun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, hope you had a great time in Mexico. And I think 7 lbs. is something to be proud of. Besides, you still look as beautiful as ever no matter what your weight. I love you just the way you are. Your good friend for life. Ellen

TheReader23 said...

Good Friend For Life....I like it.....GFFL Ellen.

Love,
me