Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Big News from Monte Carlo

As I reported in a previous blog entry, Michael is currently playing in the Grand Final of the European Poker Tour in Monte Carlo. This is the largest European event and culminates another season of European Poker. It would be the equivalent of our World Series of Poker here in America. This is a five day event which began over the weekend and ends tomorrow. The unbelievably great news is that he's still in the hunt. They started out with a field of 842 and there are 10 left. These ten will compete tomorrow until we have a winner. Right now, Michael is in third place with 1.6 million chips. First prize for this event is 3.2 million dollars. There were so many photos taken of him today but this one is my favorite. I'd like to give credit to Cardplayer.com for this picture.

As much as we love following him in these tournaments, Liz and I are all about what he's wearing. I had bought him this Polo sweatshirt for Christmas (it says United States on the back) and he told me if he went deep in Monte Carlo, he would wear it. He just loves wearing something in France that says USA on it. I wish I was there to pick out his outfit for tomorrow's final table...only kidding Michael but he's tempted to wear this again. He definitely wants our country represented.

So if anyone's wondering what I'll be doing tomorrow, you won't have to think twice. I'll be glued to my computer watching all the action live. If any of you are interested in following it, just go to http://www.ept.com/ and click on the sentence that has the words ept live in it. You can also follow the action at http://www.pokernews.com/ or http://www.cardplayer.com/.

So as they say in Monte Carlo, Bonne chance Michael. And as we say in America, One Time -- he'll know what that means.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We're not going to the movies!!!!!! Just kidding. I now know where to go for my backing so I can buy a house in Avalon. You can take care of the bay and I'll be on the beach!!! Hope he wins!!!!!!!!! Linda

Anonymous said...

Hi Nancy.. thanks for letting me know.. I'll be thinking about him wishing him well throughout the day!!!

(cousin) Holly

ps. tell your mom I wish her a belated happy birthday!!