Saturday, April 26, 2008

Dia Cinco


Well, I have reached Day 5 in my quest to lose 10 pounds before we leave for Mexico on Thursday and I don't think it's going to happen. I've done everything I said I would do -- eat only Jenny Craig food and walk Belle every day adding on 5 minutes each day, and it's still not happening. As of today, the total weight loss is 3.5 pounds. I guess I really can't complain about losing that much weight in five days and the goal to lose 10 pounds in 10 days is a bit unrealistic at my age. So I'm happy with the 3.5 and hoping that the next 5 days will see another 3.5lb. weight loss.

So as not to make this blog totally boring, I thought I'd post here what songs I was listening to on my Ipod during my walks. Since I can't list all of them, I thought I'd list the first song I listened to and the last song I ended with each day.

Day 1 -- 4/21/08 -- walked 45 minutes -- started with Shooting Star, Air Traffic and ended with No One, Alicia Keyes.....listened to 12 songs, lost 1 lb.

Day 2 -- 4/22/08 -- walked 50 minutes -- started with Come On Get Higher, Matt Nathanson and ended with Irreplaceable, Beyonce.....listened to 13 songs, lost 1 lb.

Day 3 -- 4/23/08 -- walked 55 minutes -- started with 1973, James Blunt and ended with Crazy, Gnarls Barkley.....listened to 15 songs, lost 1/2 lb.

Day 4 -- 4/24/08 -- walked 60 minutes -- started with Fall Away, The Fray and ended with She Will Be Loved, Maroon Five -- 16 songs, lost 1/2 lb.

Day 5 -- 4/25/08 -- walked 65 minutes -- started with Like A Star, Corinne Bailey and ended with Last Kiss, Pearl Jam -- 16 songs, lost 1/2 lb.

I'd have to say that if I didn't have a dog to walk and an Ipod to listen to while I'm doing it, I don't think I'd be able to walk these distances....it would be much too boring for me. I really think I should have started this quest with a 30 minute walk, adding 5 minutes to each day. Since I started at 45 minutes, with adding 5 minutes each day, by Wednesday I'll be walking for an hour and a half....that's a lot. As I increased each day's time, I really didn't have that much of a problem with it but my poor dog did. I just hope she can do the full 90 minutes. Today it's a little cooler so perhaps it will be easier for her.

Since I walk in my neighborhood, there are many other people outside either walking, jogging or gardening and they love to talk to me when they see me. Don't they understand I'm timing myself!!! I feel so rude saying, "can't stop" while I point to my watch. Another thing is when someone else is walking outside and wants to walk with me. Don't they understand that I want to listen to my Ipod!!! I say this laughingly but it's actually true. Leave me alone when I'm walking. lol

Today Belle and I get to go for 70 minutes. She's already following me around waiting for me to reach for her leash so gotta go, we're outta here.

No comments: