Monday, April 14, 2008

All Work and No Play

It makes it hard to blog when there's no fun stuff to report because work is interfering with life. Just as the trees come into bloom, the people looking to buy houses begin to come out of the woodwork. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean that I'm selling a lot of houses; it just means that there are a lot of people out looking at them with me driving them around. The good news is that eventually they will all buy something....it's just a matter of "when". This weekend I sold a house to a couple who relocated here from Wisconsin. They've been in temporary housing while they've been looking. The amount of time I've been working with them is.....two years. Yes, you read that right. That's how long it took them to make a decision on a home. They both travel a lot in business and they, themselves, got bogged down with work and didn't have enough time to look. I thought you'd all enjoy seeing a picture of my office above.

This is a customer Pat and I shared so we will also be sharing the commission. I told Pat that since this is basically money we weren't counting on, we should take a trip to Vegas to play in the ladies' WSOP tournament. I think I now have her convinced to do this which should make for some great blog entries. The last time we were in Vegas together was for Michael's 21st birthday which would make that almost three years ago. The fun we had was above and beyond any of my blog entries thus far. As I was typing this blog, my manager called to ask me a question and I told her about Pat and I going to Vegas. She has two words for me....."I'm In". Looks like she'll be going as well. This could be trouble because she's even more fun than Pat is. Michael will also be there when we go as he usually rents a house there for seven weeks during the WSOP event.

Speaking of Michael, he's playing in a tournament right now in Monte Carlo. This is day two of the event where 842 players began and, as I type this, there are 155 left. If he continues to get further, that will be a great blog entry for me to type. He just texted me and, at the break, he is currently sitting on 93,000 chips which is well above the chip average at this point. Updates to follow as he progresses. ....Update: Play just ended for the day and Michael now has 136,800 chips with 129 players left. On to Day 3 for him!!

I watched a great DVD from Netflix last week called The Best of Youth which was a miniseries shown on Italian TV. It was replete with subtitles but really was a moving story spanning three decades in the lives of two brothers -- one becomes a psychologist and the other a police officer or, as they say in Italia, policia. At first I found it slow moving but then really got into it and was sorry when it ended. This was recommended to me by my BCFF JoAnn, who is known to most of you as one of the few people who leave comments on my blog.

As far as this past weeks TV, I'm disgusted with American Idol. My pick to win, Michael Johns, was eliminated. Why was he eliminated? Because enough people didn't call in to vote for him. Should I be angry with myself? Yes I should because I'm one of those people who watch the show and wait for everyone else to call in and pick the winner.

I'm also disgusted with Big Brother because, as usual, the houseguests are turning on each other and the alliances that were formed at the beginning are crumbling. When are these people going to learn that in order to win, you have to be loyal to those to whom you've promised your undying support?

Last week was also my mother's 87th birthday which we spent shopping at her favorite store Boscov's. Shopping with my mother is a trip unto itself but she gets such pleasure out of it that I'm happy to oblige. She also had some pictures of me sent to her by her sister, my Aunt Margie, which showed how truly ugly I was when I was younger. My mother had complete control of my hair and my clothes and it's amazing she even let me leave the house looking like I did. Thank goodness I had a job when I turned thirteen which gave me some money which in turn gave me some power to make myself look more presentable. Otherwise I'd probably be an old maid!!!

Well, that's it for now. All work and no play makes my life unbloggable. Hopefully I'll be able to post something great about the happenings in Monte Carlo. Until then....it's back to work.

5 comments:

JoAnn said...

you wrote " I told Pat that since this is basically money we weren't counting on, we should take a trip to Vegas to play in the ladies' WSOP tournament. I think I now have her convinced to do this which should make for some great blog entries."


If you went to this tournament and wrote about the shows, the hotel room, the food, and seeing Michael, then yes, it could be "great". Do you notice what I left out? LOL

TheReader23 said...

And this is why you're not my BPFF as in Best Poker Friend Forever!!!!

I have friends for all occasions. lol

Love, Me

Anonymous said...

Hey, I knew you when you were younger. I thought you were "beautiful". Am I your best friend or what???????

TheReader23 said...

Hmmmmm....so anonomous says they knew me when I was that young??? So this could only be a cousin. Please let me know who this is?

TheReader23 said...

I obviously spelled anonymous wrong in my comment....mea culpa!!!