Saturday, May 10, 2008

Baby Love


There's not many people who can call their upcoming arrival "Baby Love" and really mean it, literally. Since my favorite son-in-law's (aka FSIL) surname is Love, as in Bryan Love, we can rightfully refer to this baby as "Baby Love". After he's born, we'll be looking into the hospital nursery and it will say Baby Boy Love on the cradle.....until he's given his real name. And Liz and Bryan intend for this to be a surprise and probably won't tell anyone the name until the baby is born. Whatever the name is, I'm sure I'm going to love it as it will fit this baby perfectly.

We celebrated Mother's Day yesterday on Long Island with Liz and Bryan and it was the perfect opportunity for me and Liz to go shopping for the baby's room. Most of the decorating is already in progress and they had a couple of paint samples on the wall to choose from. This is the second baby boy's nursery that Liz and I decorated together. The first was when she helped me decorate Michael's room before he was born. She was 8 years old at the time and we spent countless weekends shopping for just the right items. Now the tables are turned and I'm the one helping her. I got off pretty easy this weekend only having to purchase the rug. We went to a store called Bellini's and this is the same store we went to for all of Michael's things twenty-four years ago. When we were in the store, I asked them how old they were and they said they've been in business for twenty-six years. I told them I had shopped there for all of my baby things almost twenty-four years ago and they said I was the first customer they had met that had shopped at Bellini's that many years ago. Liz and I are always on the cutting edge of finding new stores. This is the rug we picked out. Bryan refuses to admit that his son will have a polka dot rug in his room so we are now referring to this rug as the "one with the circles on it."

It was such a fun day and even more exciting as they had their new bedroom furniture delivered yesterday as well. With all the work they've had to do on the house, it's such a work in progress. But by the time Baby Love arrives, the master bedroom, the guest bath and the nursery will all have been completed. We're buying them the furniture for the nursery as a present and that's being delivered next weekend. Once the room is finally done, I'll post some pictures for you all to view. That will conclude this week's episode of HGTV's newest show, "Decorating with Nancy and Liz".

5 comments:

JoAnn said...

Love the rug....I am a huge fan of dots, on anything. Probably because I do painted furniture and dots are one of the few things that I can do freehand! I am also sort of good at stripes. LOL

What a fun time for all of you. Cannot wait to see the finished room.

TheReader23 said...

As soon as I saw the rug, I loved it. The crib set is striped and I love the combination of the dots and the stripes. I was thinking of painting a lamp for the room after seeing the pictures of the furniture you painted. Of course, I'll need your advice before proceeding.

JoAnn said...

If you got a white lamp, we could probably, between the two of us, manage to put pale blue dots and/or stripes on it! LOL

Anonymous said...

Circles please.

FSIL

Darlene said...

The rug is adorable and I'll have to convince my son that his son won't care whether they're circles or dots!