Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Summer 2008



In three days, this is where I'll be. But, it never fails that when vacation time rolls around, I always get busy with work. So I'll probably be working up until the minute I leave. The good news is that whenever I go away, one of my listings usually goes under agreement. Please let that happen this time as my sellers are all getting very anxious that their homes are not going to sell. I've even planted St. Joseph statues in the front yards and said the appropriate prayers. So hopefully, it will happen.

Michael arrives home on Thursday, just in time for yet another vacation for him. He's been in Vegas for eight weeks and now he'll come home just in time to head to the shore. Since the house is so large (six bedrooms), he's able to invite as many friends as he wants so, during the three week period that we're there, his friends will be coming and going. I love it when they come because it's fun to have young people around. I also love it that they're all poker players and they usually teach me a lot of stuff. I have the best poker teachers in the world.

On Sunday, FSIL Bryan will be meeting me at The Borgata in Atlantic City to make good on his Mother's Day present. If you read that blog entry, you know that he's taking me there and playing in a poker tournament with me. I can't wait. This will be Bryan's first live tournament and we're hoping that we both make some money. In any event, I know it's going to be so much fun.

This is the other great part of the house.....it sits right on the bay. So at night, you can sit out there and watch the sunset. Some of our best times at the shore have been sitting on this deck with some friends and some cocktails. I promise to take some better pictures while we're there as the inside is even more spectacular.


The only person not looking forward to the
vacation is Belle. She's a creature of habit and, since she's an abused dog, the only real place that she feels safe is in our house. Here's a picture of her from last year in the brush.....I think she thinks that no one sees her there and it's a good hiding place for her just in case the bad people find the shore house and want to come back and get her. Poor Belle. But I'd certainly rather bring her on vacation with us than leave her in a kennel.

This is my most favorite place to go and I can't wait to get there. Needless to say, I haven't even started packing but I always like to leave those things until the last minute.

So stay tuned for some great pictures and some great stories of the Summer of 2008.

2 comments:

Nat said...

Looks like a great shore house, have fun!

I feel bad for the dog... :(

Anonymous said...

cool place man !
ciao from italy .
if u want visit my blog :

une-epoque-formidable.blogspot.com

ciao ciao alex