Monday, August 4, 2008

At the Shore -- Week One


Well, we're here at the shore and there's a lot to report. We've been here nine days and, so far, the weather hasn't been great. I really don't mind that as we're here for three weeks and I don't expect everyday to be a beach day. Friday was the first day I woke up and the sun was shining so off to the beach we went. Unfortunately, it was a land breeze which means there are green flies at the beach biting your ankles. It's really not fun. Then it was nice on Sunday but really windy at the beach. Anyone who knows me well knows that there's one thing I can't stand when I'm sitting at the beach and that's the wind.

So enough complaining from me. Despite the weather, it's been great fun. Michael has had a number of friends here...poker friends Chris and Jesse and college friends Matt, Laura, Rachel (and her boyfriend Joe) and Jen who is also Michael's high school friend as well. Liz and Bryan were also here this weekend and this was the last time I will probably see her before she gives birth.

Speaking of her giving birth, she's not due until August 20th yet she had a doctor's appointment this evening and it looks like she's going to go early. This is probably the last picture she'll take pregnant. I'm posting these because I know Bryan's Mom reads my blog and she loves seeing pictures of Liz pregnant. I honestly think she looks better than any other pregnant person I've ever seen although she begs to differ.
So I have to be ready at a moment's notice to get in the car and go to New York. That sounds easy enough except for the fact that something happened with my back and I'm in excruciating pain to the point of not being able to sleep at all. I just can't find a position where I'm not in pain. And this pain is different from the pain I had before with my disc problems. It's more of a burning, throbbing pain on the outside of my leg from the top to the bottom. If it's not better by tomorrow, I'm going to have to go to the emergency room to see what it is.

I had my 2000th visitor to my blog this weekend and I'll write about that in my next entry. It's just so hard to do some creative writing when you're in pain. I have so much I want to write about but it will just have to wait. I especially want to tell you all about my cashing in of my Mother's Day present from my son-in-law.....our playing in a poker tournament together. I'll be back soon with this and other stories.

3 comments:

Nat said...

Sorry I missed you guys when I was in Philly.

Hope your back feels better.

JoAnn said...

I hope by the time you read this, you will have been to the ER and gotten a diagnosis and/or serious drugs to help the pain. You have a grandbaby to hold soon and cannot afford to be ailing.

Take care.
Hugs,
J

Anonymous said...

Yes, I DO love seeing pregnant pictures of Liz! And like I told her last week, she is the most beautiful pregnant woman I have ever seen!
And yes, like you, I'm anxiously waiting for this grandson to make his appearance!
Grandma Darlene