Monday, July 7, 2008

#400 Makes an Appearance



Today my blog reached 400 different countries/cities to have made a visit. I still wonder how they find their way here because, in most cases, it's just a onetime visit and that's it. There's an arrow at the top of all of the Google blogs where you can click on the next Google blog and I think that's how I get all the hits from the strangest places. In most cases, they're places I've never even heard of.

Which brings me to #400.....are you ready for this? Someone from Otrokovice in the Czech Republic read my blog today. I hope they found it interesting and hope they stop back again. The picture above is the coat of arms for this town. Otrokovice is located in a hilly country town centrally located in a region called Morava and has a river with the same name running through it. The approximate population is about 20,000. There is a large shoe factory there founded by Tomas Bata which provides work for many of the people living there. Here's a picture of a statue dedicated to him.

This is one thing I love about the counter I have on my blog. Every time I get a hit from a foreign place, I go to Wikipedia and learn more about that country. I especially love seeing all the different flags on my counter as well. Even though the majority of the flags are from the United States, there's a great number from a lot of far away places. Second to the United States are hits from Canada. I think the Canadians like my blog, eh. (That sentence was just my way of slipping in the word, eh, very commonly used in Canada).

It's getting harder and harder to catch the exact moment that #300 or #400 hits because there have been so many visitors lately but I'll keep on trying to update all of my loyal readers on this very exciting moment in time. Stop back to see where #500 will come from.

No comments: