Saturday, August 23, 2008

What I Would Like!!!

Right about now, I think I'd just like one day without this stupid pain in my leg. It's 22 days now and I'm at the end of my rope. I've been to the hospital twice already, the last time this past Tuesday when they gave me a painkiller intravenously. Now I understand addiction to drugs because it was so good not to feel any pain while it lasted. Unfortunately, they sent me home with more percocet which just knocks me out and how long can you continue to live like that. I saw my family doctor on Wednesday who gave me a steroid pack which he assured me would work. I've been on it for four days and still no relief.

On Tuesday, I finally get an MRI which I'm sure will show it's a disc problem. But my appointment with my back doctor isn't until 9/3 because he's on vacation. And even when I see him on 9/3, I'm sure it will be a few more days after that before he can schedule me for a shot which I hope will get rid of this.

Thursday was Michael's birthday and it's the first birthday I didn't even give him a present which makes me feel awful. Today he's at Liz and Bryan's house celebrating his birthday with his new nephew, who I haven't seen since he was born. So I guess that's making me feel more miserable that I couldn't be there with them.

So what I would like is.......

.....to be able to read a book
.....to be able to cook something so I could eat
.....to be able to walk my dog
.....to be able to type more things for my blog since I'm so behind
.....to be able to go to work (can't believe I'm typing that)
.....just to be able to get out of bed would suffice

All these things you take for granted and, when you're in such debilitating pain, you can't even do the simplest things. So my heart now goes out to anyone who has to live like this on a daily basis. At least I know that I can get relief when I finally see my doctor. There's plenty of people out there that don't even have that hope.

1 comment:

JoAnn said...

I am so very sorry you are going through this. I know it must be killing you not being able to hold or even see that little boy. keeping you in my thoughts.

L,J