Sunday, January 25, 2009

Miss America 2009 is Crowned......


......and I picked her out right from the start!!! Here's how it went down.

This year (they also did this last year as well), the TLC network had a reality show featuring all 52 contestants living aboard the Queen Mary in the weeks prior to the actual main event. It was called The Countdown to the Crown and was on for only four episodes. But, in those four episodes, the viewer really got to know these 52 women in a way that a two hour show could never accomplish.

During these weeks, the contestants appeared in different challenges and the winner would win a gold sash. At the end of the show, America got to vote for four girls of their choosing and the four who got the most votes would automatically be in the Top 15 when the show appeared live from Planet Hollywood.

Right off the bat from the very first challenge, I set my sights on Miss Indiana, Katie Stam who is a senior at the University of Indianapolis. She's a communications major and an aspiring broadcast journalist. Some thing tells me we will be seeing a lot more of Miss Stam once her year long reign is over.






2 comments:

JoAnn said...

But that dress....like a 50 year old wedding gown....or my grandmother's holiday tablecloth. UGH!

Unknown said...

I actually really like the dress! I thought she looked good in all the photos and videos! I just like old fashioned stuff I guess!!