Friday, January 23, 2009

Deja Vu


It was exactly one year ago when Liz and Bryan came to tell us that they were expecting a baby in August. It was quite a year just waiting for the arrival and decorating the room and making everything perfect for our first grandchild. And our little baby Brady was well worth the wait.

Well, this week they told us that the same thing would be happening again this August.....yes, Liz is pregnant again and the baby is due on August 21st (Michael's birthday). Brady was born on August 16th. I can't believe we're going to be going through this again this year. It's like deja vu.

I grew up in an Irish/Polish neighborhood in Brooklyn and having kids this close was very common. They were always referred to as Irish Twins. So that's what I'll call my two grandchildren. We don't know yet if it's a boy or a girl but I'll post it here as soon as I know.

I remarked to Liz that at least all of her maternity clothes would still be in style. And she said, "Does that mean you're not buying me any new ones?" Some things never change!!

2 comments:

JoAnn said...

O M G !!!! She will sure have her hands full!

L,J

Anonymous said...

I'm calling them our little rabbits these days! But isn't it exciting?!
Grandma Darlene