Sunday, December 7, 2008

To Repair or Not To Repair.....That was the question!!


Just a little update. My laptop is in for repair. I had to ship it to San Diego to be fixed and have no idea how long that's going to take. I'm lost without it. Everything I do is on that laptop. I had to backup everything so it wouldn't get lost in the transition or the translation. This Sony Vaio is only two years old but everytime I touch it or move it, it shuts down. It became impossible to use. I know I could just go out and get a new one but I really like this one so I'll have to wait for the repair to be completed. And you too, my loyal blog readers, will have to wait for more frequent posts as a result.

Michael left for Prague today to play in the European Poker Tour event there. I've never been but I've heard it's beautiful. He's staying at the Prague Hilton which looks fabulous from the pictures I've seen. I hope I'll be able to report some good news from that tournament. This map shows all of the different stops on the tour for the 2008/2009 season. So far, he's been to Barcelona, Warsaw and London (where he took first place). The next one after this is Deauville in France which was won by one of his best friends, Brandon Schaefer, a few years ago. The weather in this picture looks very mild although I bet it's freezing there.

I have some great pictures of Thanksgiving to post but that will have to be in another entry as they're on my other computer. I've asked my FSIL Bryan to send them to me in an email so I don't have to wait for my computer to come back especially since it might not come back until after Christmas.

Right about now, I'm getting ready to decorate for Christmas and was hoping to be able to post some of those pictures as well. Perhaps I can figure out how to do it from my PC. Until then, enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

3 comments:

JoAnn said...

GET A MAC !!!!!!!

First of all, MACs do not break.

Second, if it did break, you would just walk it into your nearby APPLE store and they would fix it in-house. In days, if not hours.

Ken, our resident computer genius, used to have a Vaio. Now he has TWO MACs. Laura has three MACs....a desktop, a laptop and one at work.

Nat said...

I echo the mac comments. I have three Macs now and I used to be a PC person. Of course, I put Windows on my Macs, but I like the Apple hardware much more.

Also, two years is like... not exactly "new" in computer years (dog years = 7 human years, computer years equal like 70 human years). It might be time for a new computer.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I've refound your blog Nancy.

-Nick