Wednesday, December 17, 2008

And the Decorating Begins

It actually began a few days ago but I had a problem when I tried to download pictures on my newly fixed computer. The Windows Wizard, that used to automatically appear when I plugged in my camera, did not appear. I tried everything to fix it and ended up calling Sony. After 45 minutes on the phone, we weren't even close to getting it fixed so I hung up. After doing some research on Google, I found someone who had the exact same problem and just followed his instructions and it was fixed.

This first picture is a "before" picture. I'm doing this one for my friend JoAnn who can't stand these carolers. I happen to love them and have been collecting them for at least twenty years. Here they are all displayed on my dining room table before I begin dispersing them around the house. I counted them and I have 57 of them.

I pack them away in their original boxes and I have written, on the outside of the box, who gave them to me and the year I got them. It brings back some good memories when I'm doing this especially those of Liz and Michael going to Feeney's (a Christmas store) with me and picking out their favorites each year.

These are made right here in Bucks County, Pennsylvania by a company called Byers. You can even tour their factory and see how they are made which I've yet to do. I will post the "after" pictures shortly.

1 comment:

JoAnn said...

I'd like to "disperse" those carolers!

L,J