Saturday, December 20, 2008

Hallmark Movies


I defy anyone to watch a Hallmark movie and not cry. And, if that's not bad enough, you end up crying during the commercials as well when someone gives someone they love a Hallmark card. I know it's sappy but I just can't help myself. And tonight, they had back-to-back-to back Christmas movies.

First it was Our First Christmas about a blended family trying to work out their first Christmas together. I think I cried at least five separate times during that one. It was followed up with A Grandpa for Christmas about a girl being sent to live with her grandfather while her mother is recovering from an accident. Another movie sure to bring on tears. And after that, it's Silver Bells which is adapted from a Luanne Rice book of the same title about two people finding love in New York City during the Christmas season. I'm in Christmas movie heaven.

I remember, when I was growing up, watching every single Christmas movie that was on TV. I wasn't alone in this as everyone in my family did the same thing so we all sat around the TV all night watching.

But I feel I deserve all these good Christmas movies as I worked very hard all day decorating the house......pictures to follow tomorrow. Michael flew home from Vegas tonight so now the real Christmas celebrating can begin.

No comments: