Friday, June 6, 2008

What Happens In Vegas......


.....Stays in Vegas. I always loved this expression even though nothing really ever happens when we go to Vegas that we can't talk about when we get home. We're here now and arrived yesterday at about 5PM, after sitting on the runway for 2 1/2 hours before our flight actually took off. There's nothing worse than being on a plane and it leaves the gate and then the pilot comes on the speaker to tell you that there are 25 planes in front of us waiting to take off. That's exactly what happened to us but after waiting for about 1/2 hour, he came back on to say that we had to return to the gate because someone on the plane had a medical emergency. Then the good news was that we had to get in back of another 25 planes and start the wait all over again.

It's all good though. We're here so who cares how long it took to get here. We did comment that we could have flown to Rome in the time it took us to get to Las Vegas. We're staying at our favorite hotel, The Bellagio. There are so many choices when we come here but we always come back to the same place because we love it so much. Liz and Bryan arrived one day before us so by the time we got down to the pool yesterday to have a drink with them, they had already logged a full day in the sun. I really have to get a picture of Liz while she's pregnant and post it here because she really looks adorable.

Last night we had dinner with Michael and all of his friends (9 of them came) at a fabulous Italian Restaurant called Maggianos. I had never heard of it before but apparently they are in locations other than Vegas. I highly recommend this restaurant if you haven't been before. You pick out two of everything....two salads, two appetizers, two pastas, two entrees and two desserts......and they bring enough for the entire table. It was great because I got to sample things I might not have ordered on my own. There was one appetizer, a ravioli stuffed with mushrooms, that was out of this world.

Having dinner with all those boys is so much fun because I like them all. Pat is so interested in poker and was ready with all of her questions as soon as she met them. I was really so honored and flattered that they would all take the time out to come and have dinner with us. It just goes to show what nice boys they all are. I know when people hear that they are poker players, the first connotation is that they are probably some degenerate kids. I was proud to be sitting at the table with every single one of them....all very well spoken, well dressed, highly intellegent and best of all......cute!!!!!!! One of them was missing last night and he's arriving here in Vegas today, driving from South Dakota. He's the first friend Michael made when he started playing poker online so there's a special place in my heart for Josh.

Tonight we're going to visit them at the house they rented in Vegas. They'll all be here for seven weeks playing in many of the WSOP events that lead up to the main event in July. I was involved in the rental of this property so I'm eager to see it. They said it's really great and I did well in picking it. It's an 8700 square foot home with eight bedrooms and a beautiful backyard. The one thing they especially love about it is that there is a room leading out to the backyard area that is totally open giving you much more space to entertain. It also have a great media room where you can view movies and apparently they have hooked up Playstation to this big screen and are now able to play FIFA soccer on it.

Well, it's almost 100 degrees here and I'm off to the pool. I see I'm almost at 1,000 viewers of this blog and wondering who that 1,000th person will be. Since I'm in Vegas, I'd lay odds that it will be Joann. I'll be back soon hopefully tanner and richer!!

3 comments:

JoAnn said...

Here I am, here I am!!!! Do I get a prize???

I hope while you are there, you at least have a "virgin" Cosmo in honor of "our girls".

Nat said...

There's a Maggiano's in Philly. It's across the street from the Wanamaker building, then a few blocks towards the water. Kind of near the Reading terminal and the Convention center.

I'm surprised you haven't heard of it, but it's always enjoyable (if you're hungry).

Anonymous said...

It's Monday morning and I wish I was back at the Bellagio pool!!!

FSIL