Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Viva Las Vegas



We're back from Vegas and wishing we were still there. It really was the most perfect trip. Having Liz and Bryan join me made it that much more special. This is the last vacation they'll take before they officially become parents. It was nice to see them so relaxed and enjoying each moment. Little do they know that these moments of relaxation will be short-lived before they know it. They're so excited about what's coming in August that it makes everyone around them just beam with happiness for them.

Vegas is really such an amazing place to visit. There's so much to do every minute of the day. There were times when we were walking back to the Bellagio from Caesars at 3AM and there were crowds outside walking with us. It felt like 8PM instead of early in the morning hours.

Some of the highlights of the trip:
  • Great dinners at Maggianos, Spago and Bruzios
  • Taking a Lincoln towncar to In & Out Burger and having it wait there to take us back while we ate
  • Playing in the ladies' event of the WSOP even though I got knocked out when my pocket tens were cracked by quad twos.
  • Seeing all of Michael's friends, some of whom I've spoken with either online or on the phone but had never met -- Daut, Smokey, Ozzy, Steve, Jessie, Johnster, Genius, Brandon, Josh, Bushman -- and then Josh and Steve's (Johnster's) beautiful girlfriends, Emily and Casey
  • Lounging on the rafts at the Bellagio pool
  • Playing poker and blackjack until the wee hours of the morning
  • Reading numerous magazines and books by the pool while no one bothered me
  • Spending time with my BFF Pat who just makes me laugh every minute I'm with her, especially when she's taking pictures with the professional poker players


Pat with Humberto Brenes and his shark

Some things that weren't highlights but were to be expected:

  • Carrying around all of Pat's stuff since she refuses to bring her own bag..lol
  • Leaving my phone at Caesars and having Bryan go back there at 4AM to retrieve it
  • Continually losing money in those darn slot machines
  • Delays both coming and going on US Air and then having to wait an hour for our bags
  • Gaining five pounds on the trip

A disappointment:

  • Not meeting Thorladen and pbdrunks!!!

But the best part of all was that one of my listings went under agreement while I was there. I had planted a St. Joseph statue in the front lawn of a property before I left and sure enough it sold while I was there. There's no better feeling than knowing that your entire trip was just paid for...and then some.

It never fails though when I leave someplace, especially leaving Michael, that I get teary eyed upon my departure. I wonder if that will ever end. It started when he left for college and it continues. I guess it's part of being a Mom. He'll hate reading this. So nothing happened in Vegas that I couldn't report. It was all good and we can't wait to go back again. Viva Las Vegas!!!





3 comments:

JoAnn said...

Do you buy those St. Joseph statues by the gross? Our last realtor did the same thing!

TheReader23 said...

Ha ha....No, I actually just bought two of them and still have to bury the other one.

How long before your house sold had she planted it?

JoAnn said...

It is all such a blur that I cannot remember anything about the sale of our house. It is all tied up with 9-11 and the shock of that time.

I do know that our house was on the market for four and a half months.

We closed on the sale of our house on 9-11 and I have no memory of the transaction. The banks had all closed down and we got no money until a couple of days later, but I could have cared less.