Monday, June 2, 2008

The Best Ever!!!



Today was a big day for me......Linda, Pat and I went to see the long anticipated Sex and the City movie. While I know some of the reviews were not great, I couldn't imagine not loving it. And my most critical reviewer of all, my friend JoAnn, loved it and that was enough for me to know that all the professionals reviewers were obviously mistaken.

First of all, let me say that I don't know how anyone would not love this movie. And I'm convinced that all the bad reviews were written by men who had no connection with Carrie and her friends. If you were a fan of the HBO series, you are positively, absolutely going to love every minute of it. I think it's about 2 1/2 hours long and it could have lasted 5 hours as far as I was concerned.

The writers left no stone unturned. Every question I ever had was answered. I laughed and I cried.....and I cried in at least five different spots. It was exactly the reunion of Carrie & Co. that I was looking forward to seeing. And the addition of Jennifer Hudson to the cast only made it better. The clothes were phenominal from the Manolo Blahniks to the Louis Vuitton bags for what would Sex And The City be without all the designer accessories.

I'm not going to give away any spoilers so don't worry about that. The movie, however, opens with a few scenes from the TV show and right away, you're reminded just how much you have missed this show.

As much as the fans loved the fabulous foursome, we also loved the supporting cast of characters, Mr. Big, Steve, Harry, Smith, Stanford, Anthony and even Magda. As each of these appeared on the screen, I got the chills remembering all those seasons of SATC where I sat glued to my TV in anticipation of what was to come. I hated to see it go off the air and was so happy that they were coming back one more time to satisfy their fans. I think the fact that they waited a few years to do this made it even better. By this time, we were hungry to see what was going on in their lives since we last saw them. And one thing I will mention is that they all looked unbelievable. The years have only made them look better.

One of the trailers I saw said, "They're Back" on it and after seeing this movie, I can only say that they're back and I'm so happy. I'm sure I'm going to go and see this again because that's how much I loved it. I'm envious of anyone who hasn't seen it yet because they have such a great viewing experience ahead of them. I'm wondering if everyone will come away from this experience with the feeling that they have to update their wardrobe. I know we did and we all laughed about it.

So movie day was another big hit....probably the biggest and best for the three of us. Someone mentioned to me that the cast had signed up for two move movies. I can only hope that this is true because then we all have so much to look forward to. As Carrie would say in response to a question, "Ya think so?" and the answer is, Yes, I think so........it was fabulous. I'm counting the days until I see it again.

3 comments:

JoAnn said...

To quote a good friend...."I don't think I ever loved a movie more".

I cannot wait to see it again, to buy the DVD. It was THAT good.

Laura said...

My only question is, when are they coming out with the sequel?!?

TheReader23 said...

Like mother, like daughter!! Joann and Laura.....