Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Jamaica, New York is #300

I'm sure, if you're a reader of this blog, you've noticed that I have a counter on the side that tells me how many people view it each day and where they're from. I wish it would tell me their names but, alas, it's not that smart. I am familiar with some of the areas, so when I get hits from these parts, I know it's one of my friends or relatives. For instance, Southfield is my Aunt Margie, Granby is my cousin Holly, Spokane is either my brother Bobby or my brother Michael, Naperville is my brother Kelly and so on. My girlfriend JoAnn has to confuse me because sometimes she views it from her home in PA and sometimes from her beach house in DE. Michael's friend Nat does the same coming in from different parts of Costa Rica. But then there are all the random hits. I have no idea where they come from. This is a picture of a sample counter. It's obviously not mine because I clearly haven't had 758,181 visitors yet and probably will never hit that number. But for a little Mom & Pop type of blog, I don't think I'm doing too badly.

Last week, I noticed that I was nearing 1,000 hits as I was at 999 and I was wondering who the 1,000th person to view my blog would be. Joann won that prize coming in at number one thousand. Since she views it more than anyone else I know, it was only fair that she got this prestigious distinction. Earlier today, I noticed that I was at 299 different cities/countries that have viewed my blog. I was wondering where the 300th viewing would come from. It happened at about 8PM today when someone from Jamaica, New York read my blog. Who are you? I wish I knew. Jamaica is close to JFK airport and is also close to Ozone Park, Queens which could mean it's my friend Paula from high school. I'm just not sure though because very few people leave me comments so I have no idea who you are out there.

The past week or so, activity on my blog has been unbelievable. So unbelievable that I can't even figure it out. I was used to getting somewhere between 10 to 20 hits a day and now that has increased to at least 50 a day and sometimes over 100. I don't think it can be random because it's happening everyday now. And the hits are from all over the world....places I've never heard of before.....Tuam, Ireland -- Fort Mcmurray, Canada -- Euless, Texas -- Tarnos, France -- Brekka, Iceland...... you get the picture. There's no rhyme or reason to it. The only thing I can think of is that someone posted the link to my blog on their blog and people have since checked it out. I wish I knew the answer to this riddle. In any event, I'm happy about the traffic because the reason you do a blog is so people can read it and now I definitely know it's being read....by whom, I don't know that yet but I aim to find out.

So, if you're out there and and you're reading it, please leave me a comment so I know who you are.....especially you Jamaica because you'll forever be known as #300.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Of course the #1,000 was my mom. :)

JoAnn said...

I am beyond honored. I am also obsessive. LOL

Anonymous said...

If you're wondering who is the reader from Jamaica, NY, I'm you're guy. My name is Johnnie Gerardi, and I worked with you in summer camp at Cresthaven. I always had a crush on you, and it's a thrill to read about your life now.

TheReader23 said...

Lest anyone thinks that the anonymous post is real, it's just my brother Bobby teasing me once again. He thinks he's so funny!!!