Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sunday's Walk


This isn't something I did (although I'd like to) but it's something Liz and Bryan did on Sunday in support of breast cancer research and in honor of those survivors and those who have died from this horrible disease before a cure could be found. Bryan's mother Darlene is one of these survivors and we all hope that she survives a very long time now that all of her treatment is finished.

She was recently visiting Liz and Bryan in early October and got to meet her new grandson Brady for the first time. Here's a picture of Liz, Darlene and Brady when they went to a pumpkin farm. She was here during the most beautiful time of the year in the Northeast which meant that they got to go on many great day trips to petting zoos, pumpkin farms and a lot of overall shopping. Brady slept through this trip but everyone else was awake to enjoy it.

Now getting back to the breast cancer walk. I feel compelled to write about it in honor of Darlene (who is an avid reader of this blog....along with all of her relatives) but even more compelled once I saw the picture of Brady all bundled up getting ready for the walk. When we were in London, Michael and Jenn had bought him his first pair of Ugg boots and he has these on with all of the rest of his paraphenalia. A discerning eye will also notice that Bryan (FSIL) put the right boot on the left foot and the left boot on the right foot....but who's noticing. And to think he makes fun of Belle!!!!

When I saw this picture and this outfit, I thought it was one of the cutest things I've ever seen. I know he's my grandchild but come on.......is he cute or what???? And to give the same coverage to two of my other favorite people, here's a picture of all three of them bundled up like they're about to enter the Iditarod.

So they ended up walking five miles along the boardwalk at Jones Beach. It got warmer as they started walking so the layers of clothing got to come off little by little. Of course, when they arrived home they were all exhausted but no one more exhausted than the king himself. Here he is after a hard day's walk in the cold. Since the walk took a few hours, he felt entitled to a few hours sleep without interruption. I don't have the pictures of Liz and Bryan sleeping after the walk although I'm sure this might have been the case. My hat's off to all three of you for doing this.

3 comments:

JoAnn said...

I lost my dear friend Joan Shearer to breast cancer 8 years ago next month and my mother 22 years ago.

Joan's daughter Stephanie did the Avon 2-day walk this weekend...she has been training for months...I think it is 60 miles. Anyway, she carried ribbons with my mother's name and my Aunt Sally's name on them. My aunt, now 90, is a survivor...our radiologist caught her breast cancer so early that it was easily eradicated with just radiation.

I miss my mom and Joan every day.

And that Brady is just too darn cute!

Anonymous said...

As a survivor I thank you, the Love family and everyone else who is working to find the cure. And as cute as Bryan and Liz are, Brady gets my vote as the most handsome walker in the world! Grandma Darlene

P.S. It must be a Mom thing... before I read the blog I had just picked on Bryan for the boots being on the wrong feet!

Anonymous said...

I put the boots on the wrong feet purposely to keep Belle from feeling stupid. She has enough problems already.

FSIL