Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Finally......"The Win"

I know you're all waiting for a report and it's going to take me another day to be able to blog fully about the experience but, here it is in a nutshell, and this is the headline that can be found on every poker site on the Internet.


EPT London Final Table: Michael Martin Captures Title

When we found out late on Saturday that he was going to make the final table, I hopped on a plane, along with his girlfriend Jenn and my friend Pat, and made it there two hours before it began on Sunday. Unfortunately Bob wasn't able to go but watched the entire thing on the Internet. First prize was 1,000,000 pounds which equates to a lot of "American dollars". Much more to follow.

2 comments:

JoAnn said...

What a thrill!

I watched all day Sunday, too, even though I have no idea what is going on!

My favorite part was when you were being interviewed and the caption that identified you said "Michael Martin's Mum".

Laura said...

Nancy this is so amazing!!! Big congrats - I'm so happy you got to be there!!!