Monday, March 12, 2007

Veni, Vidi.....I DID NOT CONQUER

While I had hopes of conquering Caesars WSOP Ladies' event, it just wasnt meant to be. No pun intended but....it just wasn't in the cards. I've heard other people talk about being "card dead" and I finally came to realize how paralyzing this situation can be. I guess I'm not one for making something out of nothing because I definitely wasn't even a participant in this event. But guess what...this happens and I just hope that the next time I play live, my cards will be better. Pat and I both got knocked out before the fourth break. We've also decided that we WILL NOT be bringing our cell phones into any tournament in the future. Our phones were ringing like crazy and we both had them on vibrate......her's vibrating between her legs and mine vibrating from my pant's pocket.

The day wasn't a total bust, however, as Caesars Hotel was surprisingly nice. The lobby was very reminiscent of Rome and made me nostalgic for my last trip there. I think I mentioned that we had gotten a $69 poker room rate so I was unsure of what was waiting for me behind the door to my room. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. While it's no Bellagio or Borgata, the room was spacious and clean. We had adjoining rooms (we're both proponents of getting our own rooms when we travel together) and that's always fun. The best part, however, was dinner at one of the Italian restaurants in the hotel...Primavera. Everything from the ambiance to the service to the food was superb. The icing on the cake was the fried donuts for dessert accompanied by one of the best cappuccino's I've had. Right outside of the restaurant is a bar/lounge area which looks out onto the ocean. What a find!!!! I would definitely eat there again and, next time, will probably stop at the bar for a Kahlua and cream.

We left right after breakfast the next morning hoping to get back into the office to deal with all those vibrating calls from the previous day. While we remembered the level where we had parked the car, we had no idea that Caesars had four parking garages. After walking around all four parking garages for more than an hour with our luggage, we finally had to go to security to help us find the car.....which they did. I felt like I was in a Seinfeld episode. I was never so glad to see a car in my life.

So all in all, it really was a great trip and we're looking forward to our next live event at Foxwoods. Let there be cards!!!!!

No comments: