Saturday, March 10, 2007

Et tu, Brute?


The title seems more than appropriate as I'm going to Caesars in Atlantic City tomorrow to play in a WSOP Ladies' event. I'm going with my girlfriend Pat which gives the title even more credence as she would have no problem knocking me out and would even relish the thought of it....Et tu, Pat?

I've so enjoyed reading other peoples' blogs that I thought I might try my hand at it. My absolute favorite is "shaniac's", for some excellent reading material, followed shortly thereafter by "Daut's", for some hilarious reading. Of course my first ever blog experience was Nat Arem's.....a blog I still check out everyday. If I can learn how to do links, I'll post the links here shortly.

As I'm typing this, I'm playing in the $162 at pokerstars but just got knocked out when my aces came up against kings....what else is new....I'm sure I don't have to finish this bad beat story. Aces seem to be my nemesis. My son absolutely hates when I say this but instead of getting excited when I'm dealt them, I get a sick feeling. With aces in hand, I got knocked out of the WSOP, a Bellagio tournament and at least four Borgata tournaments. Perhaps Caesars will break the streak.

I'm also listening to my Ipod as I'm typing -- a gift I received from my son for Mother's Day. Whoever thought I would love anything as much as my Ipod? In addition to my own music, he's turned me on to some of his....Coldplay, The Fray, Daughtry....a definite far cry from The Four Seasons and The Supremes but I love it all!!!! My brother Kelly bought me one of those adaptors so that I can listen to my Ipod while driving so I'm thinking we should be able to listen to at least 30 to 40 songs on the way down to Atlantic City tomorrow.

I have some trepidation about staying at Caesars as they are giving us a room rate of $69 a night (a poker rate). We usually stay at The Borgata and I don't mind saying that I like the finer hotels. This should be an experience. I'm just thinking that with all the new stores Caesars has added to their portfolio, perhaps they upgraded the rooms at the same time. If not, my next post should be very interesting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting reading--- I learned alot that I didn't know--Who is Joanne? -