Monday, January 28, 2008

Felicitations


On January 15th, my daughter and son-in-law celebrated their third wedding anniversary and they visited us this weekend because we hadn't seen them yet to commemorate this event......they live in New York and we live in PA. I also had told her that I had some presents for them so that usually is a failsafe way to insure a visit. If you knew her, you'd know how true this statement is. lol Since the third anniversary is leather, I had purchased a black leather photo album from the Exposures catalog with their names monogrammed on front and also a beautiful leather picture frame from Papyrus.

I had also been bugging her to bring over the "proof" photos from her wedding. These are the photos that aren't in the albums but most of which are beautiful anyway. I thought I could take a few of them and do some sort of picture collage. Well, she finally remembered to bring them this time even though she had advised me, in advance, that I could not take any photos that she absolutely "loved". We were all sitting at the kitchen table going through the box of photos and, as she took each one out, she said either "you can have it or you can't have it." Then she got to one and she said "This is our favorite picture and you definitely can't have this one." With that said, she pulled out a sonogram. At first, I was confused until it hit me that she was in fact pregnant. I can't begin to describe the feeling that I had. I couldn't stop crying because I was so happy and so shocked at the same time. My husband said that he knew something was up but just couldn't put his finger on it. I, on the other hand, was oblivious to the fact that she didn't drink at all during the Christmas holidays. They had just moved into a new house and were busy redoing so many things as they fixed it up that I just didn't expect them to be trying to have a baby at the same time. Apparently they were and their little bundle of joy is set to arrive on August 20th. As if that news isn't special enough, August 20th is the day before my son, her brother, Michael's birthday which is August 21st. Of course, he has instructed her to delay the birth by one day so the baby will be born on his birthday.

So many of my friends are already grandparents and they just love it. Now I can totally relate to how they are feeling as we await the birth of our first grandchild. As my son Michael said when he and I discussed the news, "Let the spoiling begin."

When the ball dropped in Times Square ending 2007, my husband looked at me and said, "2008 is going to be a great year for us."I guess he was right.

No comments: